Translate

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Quilt Camp...Better than Christmas!

I look forward to quilt camp for an entire year.  The dates are already on the calendar for next year.

Packing on Thursday night was loads of fun.  I am sure that the neighbors thought I was moving out.  Last year, I did not have the fabric I wanted with me.  That wasn't going to happen again! HA!  I also had all of the trim and buttons that I could possibly ever want!

From the driver's seat:

From the back:

 It was a great time for inspiration, friends, and fellowship.  It is nice to sit and sew next to a friendly face (or faces). It is also nice to take a break and see what everyone else is working on.

Friday evening is a special time for "show and tell".  My friend, Barb, took the pictures for me.  Every quilt and quilter had a wonderful story.  I will write individual blogs about some of them later.  Some quilts aren't in this little picture show because the pictures didn't turn out.  If any quilt camp attendees would like to share pictures, let me know through an e-mail.  I will gladly post them here.

 First an embroidered quilt:

A hobo quilt (based on a book):


A tribute to a mother-in-law who loved to watch the birds at her feeders:


Sweet baby quilt:


I did not get pictures of the challenge quilts.  We showed these in the morning at introduction time.  We all had the same set of blocks.  They all looked so different, but you will just have to take my word for that.

One of the challenge quilts:

 
Apple harvest quilt:


Scrappy quilt:


Poofy play mats:


Table runner:


 HUGE sampler quilt:


 quilted teddy bear:


Industrious camp participants started this quilt at last year's camp:



Beautiful, lined bag:


Batik beauty:


Another scrap quilt from 2013 camp:


 Teachers LOVE snowmen:


A stunning kit from JoAnn fabrics:


Fabulous star:


Disappearing 4 patch:


A back to square one from Judy L's pattern (still needs 4 borders!):


My inspiration block after reading the quilt cozy book Tie Died by Carol Dean Jones (who is part of camp):

Just beautiful:


An soft, beautiful experiment in florals:


An antique rainbow quilt:


Sue's Carpenter's wheel:

One patch wonder:


Another one patch wonder:


One patch wonder with tumbling blocks:


Richele's lasagna quilt:


 A one block wonder quilt in progress (not mine):


Thanks again to Susie, our wonderful camp director.  A good time was had by all.  I will write tomorrow about the project I worked on all weekend.  Hope you enjoyed the "show"!

Have a great day!
Later,
Lorrie










No comments:

Post a Comment