Translate

Sunday, September 29, 2013

New computer...Tragedy or treasure?

I am sorry that I am not posting a picture with this post.  I love Judy LaQuidara's format of http://www.patchworktimes.com/.  She always has a picture, even if it is of something simple.  I recently had a crash with my computer.  I have been saving lots of things that were "cool" and "neat" from all over the web.  It is like having part of my brain removed!  I am slowly recovering passwords and favorites.  I did not realize how much time and energy I had saved into that old laptop! My son had been nagging at me to upgrade for the past year...or two.  I have a philosophy that if it is not broken, why fix it?  Well, now it is broken.  I have a new plan...external hard drive as back up.

I now have some projects that can be done on cold, snowy days.

  1. I can recreate the database of all the quilting books that I own.  
  2. I will need to redo my Christmas card and gift database.  I am glad that I keep a paper copy of the card list in my travel papers for driving in the car.  I hope I didn't make any recent changes that aren't on that printed copy.
  3. All my EQ quilts are gone.  I will have to become reinspired.
  4. Most of my photos...kaput...Time to take MORE pictures.  I am so glad that I posted some here on the blog and some at my yahoo group. http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/WeRQuilters/conversations/topics
I read an e-mail that was sent by a good friend.  The topic was positive attitudes and choosing to have one or not.  I am choosing the positive route.  Another friend's husband is in the hospital.  He was in a coma for two days.  Doctor's did not think he would make it.  How could I be upset about a computer crash when there are many worse and more tragic things going on around me?

Have a wonderful day.  Remember to tell those you love... that you do.
Later,
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment