Translate

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Little Surprises

A couple of weekends ago, while we were visiting my in-laws in State College, PA, my husband bought this little framed card at a yard sale for 50 cents.  It will be part of the collection in the "man cave" living room.  (I have a sewing room.  He gets a man cave.)
While it was laying on the kitchen counter, the parts in the frame "sunk" because they were not secured in any way.  When I started to shove the glass, etc. back into the frame, I noticed it was "puffy".  A framed card shouldn't be puffy.

I took the layers apart.  Look what I found:


Cute little bonus.  I hope someone's Grandma was not expecting to see that on the wall.  

I think it would look cute in the middle of a quilt square.  Do you ever use embroidery or "unusual finds" in the center of your quilt blocks?

What is your best yard sale find recently?

Back to trimming some blocks.  More on that another day!

Later,
Lorrie



No comments:

Post a Comment