Translate

Monday, July 21, 2014

Design Wall Monday

I have been working on this quilt for a while now...okay, a year and a half.  It will be 104" square when it is completed.  I have been trimming half square triangles for most of the year and a half.  (I sewed them all in 2 Sunday afternoons.  You can tell which part of the process I like best.)


I am going through a phase with two block quilts.  I designed this one on EQ7.  My original design was in all purples and reds.  Then I started searching in my stash.  I had enough teals, but not enough purple or red.  Oh, well.

The center of each block is from a 4 1/2" anything goes swap I ran a while back on my yahoo site.  Some of these blocks are crumb blocks.  I can't help myself.  I am forever making crumb blocks.  They are like free quilt blocks because they are made from scraps that could be garbage.

The small blocks in the four patches are from my stash of 2 1/2" squares.  Every once in a while I have a day that I just cut things into little pieces.  What great stress relief!  (It also makes me safer to be around other humans....maybe.)

I don't have a chance to do this often, but I am going to link to Judy's design wall.

I have some great pictures to share from my "Great Lakes Tour".  That is for another entry.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment