Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2014

If you want people to read your blog, you have to write your blog! DUH!

I did not realize that I had not written a blog post since July.  That is quite a nice little hiatus.  I have been busy.  My father-in-law gave me a new camera.  I have decided that it doesn't matter what camera I am using, we have a love-hate relationship when I add the computer into the equation...like a big ol' frustrating love triangle.  Enough about my problems.  


I hope you have all been well...and busy. Autumn is officially here.  This is a picture of the woods from my back deck.  You can see the salt lick for the deer off to the right.  


DH waited 16 years to buy the truck of his dreams.  It only took me a YEAR to finish the quilt.  I had the blocks already finished and waiting.  It takes me a long time to quilt things, even on the quilting machine.  I tense my shoulders.  I hang on too tight.  That makes it seem like work.  I need to relax, but have trouble doing that with the "big machine".





These are the slasher churn dash blocks that are on my design wall at the moment.  I love this technique.  It takes the disappearing nine patch up a notch to a fantastic new level. (Sorry about the blurry spot on the pictures.  Bandit licked the camera when I took his picture.)

What a handsome, hairy, crazy thing he is!  On that note, it is time to sew...right after I finish the Klondike bar that DH just handed to me!  Yum!

Later,
Lorrie


No comments:

Post a Comment