Translate

Saturday, November 29, 2014

What makes a blog interesting?

I read lots and lots of other people's blogs.  They are about a variety of topics.  The ones that I like best are the ones that talk about a variety of topics...quilting, cooking, sewing, their lives in general. These blogs are posted often...at least once a week.  I feel like I know these authors.  They are friends.  I want my blog to make readers feel that way, too.

I am going to continue to talk about quilting.  Sewing is not always quilting, so I will be talking about that, too.  I wish that I cooked often enough to talk about that.  I like food.  I think I will promote and talk about my favorite places to eat.  I think I will talk more about traveling.

Now for some pictures!  Everyone loves pictures on a blog!

This picture was taken in my front yard the weekend before Thanksgiving.  The sun was setting as we were finishing up some yard work and I couldn't resist running for the camera.  The colors are gorgeous.



 Here are some pictures that I took as we drove around the Denver, Colorado area right before Thanksgiving.  Never fail!  Every time I tried to snap a picture of the beautiful mountains in the distance, there was a sign or a truck....argh!


And then there was a mountain....tada!  The mountains are soooo much bigger here in the West.  (I still love the tree covered mountains of the East, too.)


Parting picture for today.  This is the sunrise as we were leaving Colorado.  The mountains were well behind us.  The dawn of a new day.  The colors were a little past the peak in this picture, but it was a feast for the eyes.  Homeward bound...


I am glad to be home so I can do some sewing!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families. 

Later,
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment