Translate

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Betweens

I always have way too many projects in progress...between the first and last step.  I recently bought a box of fabric at a yard sale for $10.  The lady running the yard sale said she was not a quilter...She had been making square dance costumes.  Out of quilting cotton fabric?  Who knew!

When I was taking a break from ironing the monstrous pile of scraps (I am still not finished!), I came across a very nice sister's choice quilt picture.  My sisters (5 of them) have been politely requesting quilts for a couple of years.  I decided that I would use a bunch of the scraps to do just that!  Here is my beginning....
'
The background fabric is an off white with peach and light green designs all over it...very 80's.  My sisters will love it because I said so. (From a distance it is just another background).  There was about 3 yards of this in the box.

Here are just a few example blocks.  I really like the teal one and surprisingly the Christmas fabric one.  All my beginning blocks have the maroon star points, same background, and black with roses squares.  The other 4 blocks are from the bin of 2 1/2" pre-cut scraps.  I used anything that was light or bright that had 4 blocks available.




It will probably take me a decade to work on these in "between" all of the other things that I am working on simultaneously.  My level of quilting ADHD brings a whole new meaning to multi-tasking!

Enjoy your Sunday...rest, relax, and sew,..sew...sew...

Later,
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment